The Outdoor Fire Pit Australia Needs
There is nothing quite like gathering around a fire pit on a cool evening. The crackling of the fire, the smell of wood smoke, and the warm glow of the flames all create an atmosphere that is both comforting and inviting. For Australians, fire pits are a convenient way to enjoy the outdoors.
Portable fire pits can be easily moved from one location to another, making them ideal for camping or picnicking. They cause less damage to the environment and make it easy to enjoy a fire in your own backyard. Whether you’re roasting marshmallows or simply enjoying the warmth of the fire, a fire pit can help you make the most of your time outdoors.
The Fire Safe pit from Wolf and Grizzly takes portable convenience to the next level. Not only is the Fire Safe easy to set up and pack away, it is unbelievably compact thanks to its stainless steel folding design. The Fire Safe is lightweight and sturdy, meaning you can take it anywhere and store it easily. Perfect for hiking, camping, fishing, and more!
- Easy Assembly – Fire Safe sets up quickly and easily, no complicated assembly required
- Better Fires, Less Fuel – Fire Safe’s frame acts as a built in wind-shield and its segmented design facilitates airflow overtop and below your fire.
- Easy Clean Up – Once your coals have cooled, just lift up the Fire Safe insert and safely dispose of the ashes.
- Low Environmental Impact – Whether you’re venturing into the bush or your local park, campfires can cause lasting impacts to the natural environment.
- Fire Safe elevates your campfire, reducing the scorched ground effect.
Stainless Steel Fire Pit Specifications
Wolf and Grizzly believe that all tools should be as functional as they are beautiful. This means that Wolf and Grizzly products prioritise simplicity, long-lasting performance, and material durability. The Fire Safe follows Wolf and Grizzly principles with these specifications:
- Both the frame and insert are made of 304 Stainless Steel, ensuring safety of use, even at high temperatures, and it will age beautifully over time.
- Weight: 0.91 kg
- Dimensions: 29cm x 28cm
- Weight Capacity: 13.60 kg
Compatible Fuels: Wood & Charcoal
- 3 Year Post-Fire Guarantee: That means we’ll replace any part that isn’t functioning properly within the first 3 years of reasonable us
Every Piece of Fire Pit Equipment Included
The Fire Safe includes all of these essential items:
- Foldable Base – The stainless steel frame quickly unfolds and works by elevating the corrugated insert off the ground
- Corrugated Insert – The stainless steel corrugated insert unfolds to form the base that holds your fire. The troughs allow you to use as little or as much fuel as you need
- Premium Carrying Case – Made of recycled polyester, the case includes a pocket for the Fire Safe frame and insert, plus extra space for tinder, fuel or a fire starter
Use a Portable Fire Pit for Camping
For many people, there is nothing more relaxing than sitting around a campfire at night, listening to the crackle of the flames and enjoying the company of family and friends.
However, campfires can be a hassle to build and maintain, which is why fire pits are a popular alternative to traditional campfires. They are quicker and easier to set up, providing all the benefits of a fire without having to worry about containment.
Portable campfire pits, such as the Fire Safe, are great for activities where carry weight and size need to be kept low, such as bushwalking, roadtripping, and fishing trips.
The elevated design of the Fire Safe provides a variety of benefits over a traditional campfire:
- Surface Variation – The Fire Safe can be set up on slightly uneven ground, such as rock, snow, or sand, as long as the pit remains level and stable.
- Contained Ashes – The removable base prevents any ashes from filtering through to the ground and allows you to easily remove and bury ashes once cool.
- Accordion Base – The accordion-style base promotes airflow by providing valleys for the embers to rest, meaning fresh wood can be fed on top, resting on the peaks, without suffocating the flame.
An Environmentally Friendly Campfire
Do campfires have an environmental impact? Campfires have been a part of the Australian camping experience for generations. However, campfires can also have a significant impact on the environment.
When campers build a fire, they often disturb the ground to create a flat and even surface, which can contribute to erosion. The ashes from the fire can also contaminate nearby vegetation or groundsoil, especially if they contain any plastics or manufactured chemicals.
While campfires are a traditional part of camping, it is important to be aware of their potential environmental impacts. So, how can you reduce harm to the environment while enjoying a campfire? Using a portable fire containment unit, like the Fire Safe, is the best option. By using a portable unit to contain and elevate your fire, you can create a more environmentally safe campfire.
Elevated fire pits prevent the ground getting burned or disturbed, known as firescars, and they keep ashes secure for proper disposal. Pits such as the Fire Safe can also reduce the risk of ember travel to surrounding areas. But perhaps the biggest environmental benefit of portable fire units is reduced fuel consumption.
When building a campfire in the Fire Safe, the frame makes it easier to build an efficient fire that burns for longer and requires less feeding thanks to elevated air flow. The Fire Safe can be used with wood or coal and does not require any form of accelerant – which can be highly dangerous and contain harmful chemicals. The Fire Safe is the safest way to camp.
A Mini Fire Pit for a Big Feed
The Fire Safe is the best mini campfire in Australia. Made from lightweight stainless steel, it only takes up a 30 centimetres squared – just slightly bigger than a dinner plate! Its small and portable size means you can take the Fire Safe just about anywhere. But what if you want to cook a decent meal for your mates or family? The Fire Safe is up to the task.
There are several great ways to cook a feast using the Fire Safe. Firstly, you can pair it with the Bear and Grizzly Grill Kit to cook meat, vegetables, sausages and burgers to perfection with that mouth-watering, smokey taste.
Secondly, when you want to cook without a grill, you can cook up delicious meals in the fire pit embers or coals. Using aluminium foil you can make toasty vegetables and even some classic Australian dampier in your Fire Safe.
The Fire Safe provides even heat distribution and can handle the high temperatures needed to safely grill meat and other food. Plus, clean up is easy thanks to the accordion base, which can be lifted out for fire season-appropriate ash disposal. Make a hot dinner, breakfast, or lunch using the Fire Safe to keep your energy high while adventuring.