DARCHE’s team has spent the last two years delving deep into the world of design engineering, methodically constructing and perfecting their latest product, the ground-breaking Eclipse 270 Freestanding LED Awning. Darche has rigorously tested and fine-tuned various design iterations, with the goal of ensuring that when you step under this 270 freestanding awning, it’s a product that’s been put through its paces and proven to excel even before it hits the market.
DARCHE is unique in their devotion to producing awnings that have been thoroughly tested, and they were the first in Australia to comprehensively wind-test a freestanding awning. This dedication resulted in a thorough 30-day wind testing phase, during which the awning was subjected to winds ranging from mild breezes to strong gales on the Beaufort scale.
During the rigors testing, the Eclipse 270 Freestanding LED Awning demonstrated its strength by withstanding winds of up to 50km/hr on its original trial, and it withstood winds of up to 55km/hr in the subsequent round of testing after being repaired. The Omega OM-CP-WIND101A wind speed data logger system, calibrated using data from the Australian Bureau of Meteorology and capable of recording wind speeds every second, was used for testing.
The Eclipse 270 Freestanding LED Awning proved its durability by withstanding wind rates of up to 90km/hr with the poles down and securely anchored. Backing up this toughness are specially designed break points within the awning, so that if it fails, it will fail in a way that avoids harm to your vehicle and permits quick repairs. The Eclipse 270 Freestanding LED Awning is rated to 25-30km/hr winds in freestanding mode based on wind testing findings and observations. Darche recommends, however, that you always deploy the provided poles and securely tie down your awning using pegs and guy ropes because Mother Nature is unpredictable and we want to protect your investment.
Aside from its toughness, the Eclipse 270 Freestanding LED Awning is packed with features for your comfort and convenience, such as dual-color dimmable LED strips fully integrated in the rafter arms and a two-piece backing plate design with a fully-enclosed transit cover, which maximises weather resistance while still allowing you to easily move the awning from one vehicle to another.
* Please keep in mind that if this awning is attached to a roof top tent, the poles must be used at all times to prevent damage to the roof top tent. Check that your roof mounting system is suitable for the job. Visit your local roof rack specialist for detailed installation advice.
- More than two years of development and testing
- In freestanding mode, wind speeds range from 25 to 30 km/h
- 11.5m2 of coverage and the most practical design on the market
- The fully-enclosed travel cover and two-piece backing plate design provide maximum weather resistance while allowing the awning to be conveniently moved from one vehicle to another
- Height-adjustable brackets suitable for a variety of setup types
- For remarkable strength and durability, X-tube aluminium alloy rafter arms, backing plate, and hinges were built utilising cutting-edge technology and simulation
- Four rafter arms have integrated dual-color (white and amber) dimmable LED lights (power bank is not included)
- Height increase for headroom and water runoff
- Heavy-duty 320gsm ripstop polycotton canvas with a waterhead rating of 3000mm
- All parts are designed to be interchangeable for simple and low-cost repair
- Compatible with T050801945 and T050801946 rooftop tent awning bracket kits (sold separately)
- There are wall kits available (sold separately)
- Freestanding Wind Rating: 25-30 km/hr
- Max. Head Height: 2600mm
- Suits Vehicle Height: 1400 to 2600mm
- Mount Type: Side
- Fabric Material: 320gsm Ripstop Polycotton Canvas
- Frame Material: Extruded Aluminium Alloy
- Transit Cover Material: 820D Polyester Oxford
- Waterhead Rating: 3000mm
- UPF Rating: 50+
- External Dimensions: 6000L X 4000W x 2100H mm
- Packed Dimensions: 2220L x 200W x 200H mm
- Coverage: 11.5 sqm
- Weight: 26.0 kg
- Warranty: 3 years